Friday, September 9, 2011

taste of fall :)

Today I spent the morning in the gym and then back on campus for the PAM fundraiser. Turns out I was of no use to anyone, but our cinnamon loaves sold and we raised a total of EC$700 for the school [which, turns out, only needed EC$900 for ALL repairs!]  Apparently we broke some records...I'm glad it was a success, even if my only contribution was cinnamon swirl bread :)

Since I was already on campus and ready for the day, I ended up going to Marieke's dorm [which is a daily occurrence anyway, and would have happened regardless] and we hung out and I read a little before leaving and coming home just now.  But while I was there, she, Ryan and I were all discussing how everyone from home has been talking about the temperature changes and fall approaching and how sad it was going to be for us to miss it [and especially them!  New England in the fall?! Breath-taking, I'm sure...] and how every now and then we imagine "whiffs" of fall here - usually it turns out someone is burning something sweet on the stove [like Marieke was when I announced that I thought I could "smell" some fall...bummer, haha].

So as I was sitting looking out the window at palm trees, exotic fruits, and little fat puff ball birds that make much more noise than seems possible, I was trying to imagine the feeling of fall and attempt happiness with the lack of it, but still feeling bummed that I will miss it for the next two years at least... All together now:  "Awwww, poor girl!!!"  ...Thank you, I know, I know, it's rough. Thank you for the pity... ;)

However, on my way back home, I decided to check my mail box and lo and behold the letter from my mom finally came!  And guess what it contained??

That's right, folks - my awesome Mom sent me some fall leaves today! :):) Thanks, Mom!

I need to figure out what I am going to do with them exactly, but here they are modeling with my newest read :)  I'll let you know how it turns out...and what I do with the leaves :)


Love to all. 

1 comment: