Sunday, September 4, 2011

does this give you joy?


LORD, Your name stands greater than the highest mount,
Your blood more precious than the purest fount,
Who could ever seek to describe
The majesty of God who was and is alive
And forever will be mighty to save
The people to whom You spoke, “Be courageous and brave”?
But now LORD Your child has come to disaster,
And before another’s feet have I poured my alabaster.
My tears wipe the floor, and I pursued wrong,
I should have never ran away, I needed You all along.
And I need You LORD, please see me as I stumble, break and bruise,
I’ve got nothing good to bring to You, therefore nothing to lose!
You see me here, I’m dying, lonely in solitude I cry,
Pour out Your mercy upon me, or take from me this blinking of an eye,
This world has nothing for me, if I cannot adore Thee!
And my sin now has floored me, LORD I just adore ME!
I hate that I don’t love You sometimes the way I love myself,
I never pray for Your glory, but my success and my wealth,
Look at me LORD, what is this that You’ve let come to pass?
I know You’ve never left me, but my heart’s like broken glass.
I have no joy left in me, I feel my fate is random,
Where are You when I cry for You, Lord? I feel abandoned.
So I pray for Your peace to find me, this soul needing reprimanding,
Grant me the grace to renew my soul, O LORD, the joy of my salvation!
I am all sin, all lost, and need restoration!
Forgive me, Father, for my sentence is great –
I have, even in thought, earned infernal fate!
I should be dead, yet You’ve let me live,
LORD of great mercy, I know You forgive!
So do as Your Word says, for You know best,
May my sins be far apart - like the east and west!
May I forever lay in Your rest,
For he who’s loved by God is FULLY blessed!
-Daniel, a guy who is in J’s Bible study…he shared this the first Sunday we were at church, and J got a copy for me :)
I’ll post more later about this weekend, but this was a better post to begin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment