Monday, September 19, 2011

kayaks and nutmeg.

J had his Bioethics final today [one med school class down!!!] so we all ventured to the pool again.  He had been talking about using our kayaking privileges for a while, so he was super excited to get back to the University Club again [so many perks to being a married student :) ].  This was my first time kayaking, and I have to admit that it was pretty fun - although J informed me that we were on very calm waters, and in very "easy" kayaks since they were ocean kayaks, and therefore nothing like his river kayak, so I don't know if I'm  hardcore enough for REAL kayaking, but I liked what I experienced today :) 
The water was crystal clear, so we saw a lot of black sea urchins, some orange coral "trees" and a huge grouping of sea kelp - it was very, very pretty. We sat out in our kayaks for a while, soaked our feet and just talked :)  It was really relaxing and a good break from studying again...even though one of us looked very silly, and it wasn't me...Check it:
 Barely holding it together...
 "I get to wear my hat AND a cool life jacket?? Yesss!"
Transition lenses: Check. 
Fisherman Hat: Check.
Life jacket: Check.
Chaco Tan Lines: Check.
Disregard for Anyone's Definition of "Cool": Check.
 Mr. and Mrs. V. Go Kayaking.  One is happy the other is indifferent.  But things can change...
Oh honey, you're so strong :)
 Success!!!
 And now some random flora for your enjoyment.
 I believe this is Bougainvillea - the name of a flower and our apartment complex :)
Nope...it's not.  I just looked up Bougainvillea and this is not it.  I don't know what it is, but it's pretty...

 Justin, Ryan and Marieke.  Two are hard at work. One is not.
 Nutmeg tree!!! Nutmeg is grown on trees!  I didn't know that, did you??
And one for the road...
The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Psalm 19:1


Keep it reggae, folks. Much love.

2 comments:

  1. woo! love this post too! I'm glad someone was around to take pics of you two kayaking together. Both of you in the same picture! that doesn't happen much :)
    Also- love the flower pics!
    And Psalm 19- I read it this morning in fact :) did you too, since it's the 19th?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha no it just came to mind while looking around :) we're almost done with our Bible in a year plan :)

    ReplyDelete