Saturday, September 17, 2011

the long-anticipated Harry Potter Party Post!

Subtitle:  Yes, we DO have a lot of time on our hands...

Ok, y'all...here it is.  I will let the pictures tell the story [providing captions, of course :) ]

 Decorations and potions ingredients...

 Food labels...
 Apartment 21?  What do you mean?  Of course you mean Platform 9 and 3/4!  [check out the brick detailing...HA!]
 Wonder who I'm dressing up as....?
 The Sorting Hat makes it's appearance on a glass Hedwig...
 The Great Hall!!!
 The final spread of potions ingredients...
 Banana Bolts...otherwise known as banana bread...cut into lightning bolts ;)
 The WANDS!!! [sweet pretzels dipped in chocolate dipped in sugar ;) ]
 The Leaths arrive!!! [Jessie and Brad in their awesome HP glasses]
 The hostesses of the shindig...Luna Lovegood and Professor McGonagal!
 The hosts with Harry Potter...in front of the Quidditch field :)
 Self-explanatory.
 Waiting for one more dish...but you get the idea.
  Ahhh the delicious Cauldron Cakes  [chocolate muffins with homemade caramel centers...YUM!]
 In character...doesn't she look convincing??
 Whatcha readin', Lovegood??  [Yes, mom - that is your card paper clipped to my dress... ;) ]
 YAY! BLENDED BLUDGERS! Man, these were DEVOURED! Natalie brought these awesome Oreo balls :)
 Most of the crew with their new wands[before being eaten...Sayeh and Ahmed came later]
 J: "Oh man, I want to make Justin's face my profile picture..." Haha!
 Ryan...per usual.
 So serious [and drinking "Butter Beer" [Apple Cider]...
 Brad, Jessie, Natalie...
 There she is!  The adorable Lilia! [likin' some chocolate I see...]
 Another view of the Great Hall :)
 Sayeh, Ahmed, Lilia...so beautiful!
 Luna attempting to play Quidditch...
 Aww - she cried a couple times [it was probably my crazy glasses...scary, I know.]
 Professor M doing her thing [timing the Quidditch matches]
 YAY! Hufflepuff wins! [Whoever got their hand closest to the Snitch in the end got 5 points]
 Bringin' Hufflepuff to Championship victory!!!
Oh J - you mean you're freaked out by Luna?? ;) [check out the Snitch :)]


Well folks, that's it :)  It was a JOY to FINALLY be able to host more than 3 people in our home :) We love our bigger apartment! :):)  And it was a great break for the men from studying, etc.  Good times :)  And now I leave you with a movie clip of a Quidditch game, so you can understand exactly how it worked: Quidditch Game!

6 comments:

  1. awww mannn! i wish i coulda been there! looked like so much fun! great costume, em :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun!!! what a great hostess and really great decorations. You were a great Luna. and I hope miss Lilia isn't replacing LYDIA! :) miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a blast! I'm not totally sure why we never did this in Lou? Well, something to plan for our future when we're reunited and all our little childrens can participate too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one can replace our Lydia :) and yes, we should recreate this sometime in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So bummed I wasn't there!! I love HP with a passion (check out the Rabbit Room's comments on it and hogwartsprofessor.com for fun reading!!). :). Hannah's description of the party was actually what alertEd me to your having a blog! So glad I can kind of keep up with u despite your non-Facebook -hood. :) Éowyn's birthday is tomorrow and we just celebrated with friends & family today!! Crazy shE is 2!! Miss you!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yay! Yeah I'm glad you found this page - I always read yours I guess it just slipped my mind to let you know I had one, too :) Happy Birthday Éowyn! Growing up so fast!!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete