Tuesday, January 17, 2012

a quick update on the lack of updates.

So, sad story. 

We are pretty much officially a one computer family - which is still amazing, don't get me wrong - but that one computer is mine, and it now travels to campus with my husband for school, which makes things slightly complicated.  His is pretty much kaput...aka, you can't move/barely touch it without it turning off, so this has also made checking email/sending texts/phone calls more difficult, so many apologies for those of you still waiting for me to call back/email/you get the idea.

GOOD NEWS - our gracious Christmas gifts are enough to get a new computer, and Marieke's dad is coming down in February, so we are thinking of ordering one and having him bring it down.  Unfortunately, my computer's headphone jack doesn't work, and that's half the reason J would need a computer for campus working/studying anyway [to listen to lectures/other review material] so we will be making the decision soon.

All this to say:  I'm sorry if the blog isn't as up to its usual par.  I hate that it has to be this way, but it has to be this way :) I will still try my hardest. 

Just to fill you in: 
Marieke and I went back to Bel Air today and met with our girls.  It was more of a hangout, so we will see how the term goes with them...my girl seems to be getting a little more apathetic *sigh*.

J got his plane ticket home today!!! Finally!  He will be leaving 2 days later than everyone else [for the most part] but it also cut a lot of cost, so we are all happy :)

I had my first SO Board meeting yesterday, and I think this term will be a lot of fun - its already flying! It's Wednesday of the SECOND week of classes! Blows my mind!
That's about it.  The apartment is GREAT! Big, tile floors, CLEAN, and fun to have Marieke around during the day when the guys are off during their doctor thing :)  Praise the Lord for all blessings!


Now, the hus needs the computer, and he trumps with studies, anyway :) 
Much love from Grenada.


No comments:

Post a Comment