Sunday, January 29, 2012

new weekend of weekends.

What a great weekend!  It has been so nice for the guys to have such a light load recently! 

Friday night we had a wine tasting at our house - with about 17 people over here total!  It was a ton of fun, and I will do a seperate post on it entirely...later :)  I took pictures...

Saturday night was the opening social for the SO's, so I had to be there to set up/hang out/take down.  Perks of being on the board ;) Haha...but it really is great to meet people and reassure them about things on the island/provide info about various things...I really feel like I have ownership this term - it's a great feeling to no longer be the "new ones"!!!

Today  - J preached at CSA and the Lord really blessed him with great clarity in sharing the gospel from Mark.  It was a blessing to hear/see my husband used that way - I love my man :)  All of us then came home, had lunch, and then the guys went cliff jumping with some of our neighbors who have two boys ages 13 and 11.  They had a great time, and Marieke and I were able to get homework done and read Pride and Prejudice, respectively :)  Then we ate dinner and J and I headed over to Prickly Bay for their free movie night.  Tonight they were showing War Horse.  It was good, but it was better that it was free, if you get what I'm saying :)  

It has been a GREAT weekend, but I think the fun with the hus [for now] stops here - everything takes off this week with school, and I will also be busy planning the upcoming SO fundraisers, including a Bake Sale coming up on February 14th!  However, Becca [a new fellow SO, neighbor, and sister in Christ] offered to do publicity for me!!! And so I want to share some of her creations really quick - I was blown away with what she came up with!!!! It looks GREAT and I can't wait to get this stuff up on campus this week [and after our board meeting tomorrow]...I don't want to give away too much in case other people stumble upon this site who should be surprised :)  But the bake sale is going to benefit a little girl here who was born without an eye, and found a doctor in Florida willing to operate pro bono...but she and her family will need to stay in the states for a while - hence the fundraising.  Anyway, here are some of Becca's creations:

I'm excited to get these up and running!!!

More updates/photos to come :) Much love from Grenada.

No comments:

Post a Comment