Sunday, October 9, 2011

weekend of weekends part 1.

Wow - where to begin??

 Marieke's birthday was on Friday and so I threw a little surprise luncheon in her honor.  We had a sandwich bar with carrots, hummus and homemade potato chips on the side, as well as a Funfetti cake with homemade icing.  It was a lot of fun and good to have a bunch of girls over to hangout :)

J took all his midterms this week and we already found out that he got an A in Bio Chem!  Praise the Lord! :)  And since this past week was his midterm week, we were able to have the rest of the weekend ALL to ourselves - YAY!  But seeing as we did so many things, and we are about to read a little and then start a movie, I am only going to post a bit from Friday's "Fish Friday."  We took a trip to a different part of the island with CSA [Christian Student Association] to experience "Grenada's Fishing Capitol"...J was pumped to have some great fish, I on the other hand was fighting drowsiness since I has taken half [HALF!] a Dramamine for the ride up [it was rough people, rough].  I also thought I had lost my phone at one point, so I wasn't the best person to have around that night.  I felt badly for being a party pooper, but the rest of the weekend was great, so there is more to come.  For now, here is some Fish Friday...
 These little girls watched me take pictures of the old church, and wanted to see them all, so I offered to take a picture of them, too...I guess they do this often - I mean, look at those poses!
The old church...I took this with a longer open shutter...I think it looks cool...
 So eager.
 Typical Justin.
 Two of the cooks at one of the stands.
 Fried breadfruit [native of Grenada], fried fish, stuffed potatoes, and garlic bread...
 J and his red snapper...he ate it whole!!
 Well...not the bones, obviously.
 Musical entertainment for the night.
Finally, as we were leaving, my medicated stupor was beginning to wear off...here we are on the bus ride home...

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment