Thursday, October 6, 2011

cocoa tea & thankfulness.


 THIS, dear friends, is Cocoa Tea.  
They call it Grenadian hot chocolate, but if you try it expecting it  to be hot-chocolately, it is very disappointing.  Turns out it is actually TEA - I wonder if they just thought it would sell better if it was marketed as hot chocolate? I mean, I guess they succeeded.  Almost everyone I met during the first couple weeks was talking about this Grenadian hot chocolate in the markets.  I haven't heard about it since, though. Oh well. 
I've learned to really like it as tea, so here the process: boil down one cocoa ball in 3 cups of water. Strain the water and collect all excess parts of said ball [there is a lot at the bottom].  Add sweetened condensed milk to your liking [Marieke has taught me appreciation for this ingredient.  I feel very European every time I use it ;)]  Then, praise the Lord and enjoy drinking this awesome night time worthy delight :)  Whoever comes to visit first will get a free taster ;)  Just kidding.  Everyone who comes will get to have some - you just have to come :)



On another note, remember how I said yesterday I had collected nutmeg leaves and was planning on making something with them?  Well...it turned out alright, so you get to see the result:
Nutmeg leaves sown together. 
Pieces of a free magazine ripped and then glued back together for a collage effect in the middle.
Pieces of an envelope from Mom's letter for the words. 
And Mom's leaves were finally used at last! :)
I put the remaining Harry Potter party candles around it on the wall for added effect :)

 The words in the middle come from the following verse:

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 

I want to dwell in this all day, every day.  Life is so much better when thankfulness in Christ and joy in the Lord is the center of all things!

To be FULL of joy.  
Always
To entreat and address God for all things, through all things, in all things. 
Without ceasing.
To be aware and appreciative of all His glorious benefits and ways, overflowing with gratitude.  
In all circumstances
This is His will for me. 

Walk through the day praising Him...for His generous provision in waking us up, His renewed mercies, His great faithfulness, our daily bread...and ultimately, eternity with Him for those who know and honor Him as Lord.

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment