Monday, November 21, 2011

the 'stache.

And now, a little goofiness, courtesy of Mr. and Mrs. V.

This morning, J woke up in dire need of a haircut.  Actually, he had been asking for one for about two weeks or so, but I tend to be lazy about them, and I actually like his hair longer, but it really was getting a little too Mountain Man-y, and that combined with his No Shave November facial hair...yipes.  

Anyway, I proceeded to give him what he deemed to be "the shortest haircut of his life," which he likes, and its not so bad, I guess...plus, even if I hate it, I have no one to blame but myself.  Poor guy is outside in the heat [sometimes] so I figured the shorter I cut it, the less hot he will be...plus, it will give me more time in between cuts - ha! :)

Well, as I was finishing hanging up the second load of laundry, packing his lunch, and cleaning up from breakfast [applause, anyone??] he sauntered into the room with a goatee.  I didn't think it looked so bad, and I said he should leave it, but he looked at me like I was crazy and went away again.  Two minutes later, he comes out like this:
Wow, well hello there, Pedro!  I was cracking up and he thought it was pretty hilarous himself, but he wanted to go finish the job.  I told him he should wear it to school to show the guys...give everyone a good laugh...this was his reaction:
 Not really, but it did take about 5 minutes of me convincing him that it was funny enough to keep for a day, and reminding him that he could shave it off later for him to finally agree to do it...
And here is a prime example of the face I often get that means, "Awww, poor baby, you gonna whine/mope/complain about it?"  HAHA...it works.  And as ridiculous as he looks here, I really do hope our little ones get those big, blue eyes :)

Well, I gotta admit, this is not my husband at his finest, but it was hilarious to get on the bus with him looking like that...and to think, I used to do weird stuff on PURPOSE to get reactions from people...poor kid, he's never known how it feels...Can't wait to hear about the day later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment