Wednesday, November 2, 2011

catching up.

Here are some pictures from this past weekend - which was FULL!

 Here is the whole group at the party on Saturday - we all ate a bunch of snacks and watched Hocus Pocus :)  It was cool to see everyone's creativity knowing that no one brought costume with us to Grenada.  Just goes to show you that buying Halloween costumes is overrated :)  It looks like I'm wearing reindeer horns, but it's actually the skeleton of the baby of the girl behind me - it was super cute although it sounds creepy. She's pregnant, so it was like she had an x-ray on her stomach :)
This is kind of an "inside" Grenada joke - all the people who are learning to drive have this sign posted on their car.  So this is another Emily, and she spent all night running into things, moving slowly, etc.  It was perfect, and HILARIOUS! Also, note The Grapes :)
Here is me, as the Fall Woodland Nymph [I couldn't be a fairy because I had no wings, but it was close...] We were supposed to be in character for the contest, so here I am about to take off in one of my "leaps"... :)
 Jessie as a Steelers player - look at her "hair"!  J loved this :) Go Steelers!!
 Kelsey and Marieke.  Mermaid and Prof McGonagall, respectively.
 Sayeh and I...she won "Prettiest Costume" as a Gypsy :)  Note:  Mom's fall leaves make yet another appearance...people were wondering where I had gotten fall leaves...haha, I'm using them for everything!
 Jade and Natalie - can anyone guess?? Jade had sparkles on his face....ok, I'll tell you - Edward and Bella :)  They won "Scariest Costume" - ha! And they were in character for every pic!
 Jessica and Daniel as TRON!!! Didn't they do an awesome job!?
 Sayeh the Gypsy, Hamed the Doctor, Lilia the sailor :)  This combo may never have happened in real life, but it works for here :)
 Nicole as Paula Deen - it was great!
 The Safari Family :) Super cute...they had binoculars made from toilet paper rolls...
 I think this was my favorite - it was perfect.  Note the Grenadian Goat [horns, grass, rope] and her Grenadian Man [machete, hat].
 This was taken on Sunday when Marieke and I attended a Tea Party for the Grenada Lion's Club.  One of her MBA peers invited us to come...there was a fashion show!  So this is the view from the Yacht Club, where it was held.
 More yacht club.
 Another view.
 She took this job VERY seriously...and had to pose for us...I ended up putting my camera away after awhile because I felt awkward.
This guy saw me with my camera and wouldn't leave until I took a pic...I didn't really want it, but it was funny so here ya go...
Shot from the side window on the Reggae bus on the way home...
 
Awesome shot that I got which I also entered into a photography contest for the school...

Well, that about sums it up :) The adventure continues...
Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment