Saturday, November 12, 2011

i wish i were indian.

Well, I'm sorry for the lack of postage lately, but nothing much happened this week worth blogging about.  However, last night was the bi-annual ICSA Show [the Indian Student Association...or something like that] and it was AWESOME.  While watching, I kept thinking how unfortunate it is that America doesn't have much tradition - I mean, we're a melting pot and I get that, but at least Indian Americans can pull from their Indian heritage...I've got nothin', being a mutt and all.  So all I can do is watch, and watch I did.  

The other unfortuate thing about this whole situation was my lack of forethought in bringing my camera - so I also have nothing to show for this great show...*sigh.  But just imagine a group of three goofy Indian guys [two from the US, one from Canada - of course that is funny enough in and of itself - there is a very large Canadian student population here, and people joke about it all the time] MC-ing the night full of song, traditional dance [with costumes!], poetry, step, and a comedy stand up skit.  It was great and I texted J [who was studying] that we ought to move to India.  He didn't actually reply to that part of my text, but we'll see :) 

It was a lot of fun, and the girls we work with from Bel Air did an opening song/dance to "Firework" which was cute.  They collected money for the home during the show last night, which they apparently do every year.  I'm really glad that I can go to 4 more terms of this!  I've got to hand it to SGU: there is a LOT of talent on campus, and they give the students a lot of opportunities to showcase it.  And I LOVE the cultural diversity - its so cool to meet so many different people from so many different backgrounds in one spot!  I think I heard somewhere that there are about 6,000 students from 90 countries or so on campus - crazy, right?! My kind of place :)  Anyway, I'm not sure what is going on the rest of the weekend - my hus is studying pretty hard [like always, really] from now until finals [26 days!!!!] and then we will be FREE! [til term 2 starts, haha]  I may head to the orphanage today with the CSA group that goes on Saturdays, but I haven't been feeling all that great lately, so we'll see :) 

Hope all is well wherever you are reading this!  We miss home and everyone that includes...
Much love from Grenada.

No comments:

Post a Comment