Saturday, November 5, 2011

free boat rides.

Well, folks - we had another crazy weekend, and its not even over!  But before I have to do another "catch-up" post, I wanted to try and keep up with it here.  A month or so ago there was a Wii Tournament to raise money for some local and international charities held on campus and whichever student group won the Tournament got a 4 hour boat cruise for 40 people.  Well, HSO won...and does everyone remember who is the VP of HSO?  That's right, my man :)  So THAT meant that everyone who had participated in the health fair was also able to go on for the ride...as well as some special spouses [aka, Marieke and I - hoorah!]

So we loaded up our sunscreen, borrowed snorkel gear [thanks Jessie, Brad and Phil!] some snacks, and our trusty camera and hit the pavement to walk to Grand Anse beach where we were picked up by the catamaran :)  This was yet another provision from the Lord - another awesome *free* experience in Grenada that enabled us to save money for later outings :)  J was so excited to able to snorkel again, I wish you could see the look on his face - I never knew he was born to snorkel, but apparently he was :)  Anyway, we started off and stopped at Flamingo Bay which supposedly has some of the best snorkeling around.  I was able to see a spotted blue eel [courtesy of my husband pointing it out], a bunch of black and white striped dudes, and at two different times I found myself in the middle of a school of fish - it was SO cool!  I was so grateful for the experience.  Before we left that bay, we hopped back on the boat for some other water fun - a water trampoline.  To summarize, I quote my husband:  "I could've jumped off that thing all day."  Well, I was only able to get a pretty awesome belly flop [accompanied by a rather loud shriek after the instant and sad realization of my impending doom] but it was still fun to watch :)

We rode around for another little bit until the boat stopped again to let us out to snorkel at the Underwater Sculpture Garden.  It has been around for about 10 years thus far, and we were able to see a few of the sculptures, although due to time constraints we weren't able to see them all.  What we DID see was pretty cool, albeit a little creepy: 14 woman [9 facing up, 5 facing down, who knows why??], a mermaid, 14 tribal looking statues, a bench, and a circle of children. Once this was over, we were all pretty worn out from all the swimming, but very happy with the experience and able to watch the beautiful sunset as we headed back to Grand Anse. This was one of those trips that I'm pretty sure was amazing for everyone, and we were very grateful for the provision to go...thanks, HSO team for winning the Wii Tournament!

 Excited to have a study break/excited to hang out with our husbands on an awesome outing :)
 The wives, chillin' in style...
 This was in response to, "Ok guys, Boy Band pose..."
 I said the background looked fake, so I took a pic to prove it...
 Then J took a pic of me...looks fake, eh?
 Self-portrait! :)
 The Cappas.
 New favorite pastime...apparently ;)
 Ryan has flipping skills.
 The StarWind!
 Coming back for more jumping...look at that water! This doesn't even do it justice!
 Handsome man :)
 J & Justin. Yep - the hair was stuck this way from the salt water.
Snorkel gear.  'Nuff said.
 See the moon??
 Now see the sun...
New favorite picture :)  There is the city of St. George's in the background!

The adventures continue tomorrow and the next day and the next day...my boo is turning 23 on Tuesday! Hooray!  Updates to follow :)  Much love from Grenada.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pics - Beautiful! LOVE to see your smiling face! I'm so glad you got to have this cool experience and sounds like you are really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete