Thursday, December 1, 2011

happy december! & avent reading 5.

Wow!  Can anyone else hardly believe its December??  I mean, I guess since the weather hasn't changed since the summer for all of us here in Grenada, it makes a little harder to believe...but seriously, this year FLEW.  Who knew Term 1 would be over so fast and Christmas break upon us?  When I think about how long we've been here, it really blows my mind.  Next term we will no longer be the "newbies" - we are experienced Grenada inhabitants now!  So strange.  Also strange is how normal everything seems to feel, and even felt after only a month or so.  We wait on buses to tote us around.  We get the food we want...sometimes, when the store is well stocked.  We have our own little patterns for the week...aka orphanage, Bible studies, etc.  We have relationships with people who were born and raised here, and continue to learn more about the culture every day.  I still wish I could be working, but its been good to provide consistency for my husband while he works really hard at school.  And speaking of school, finals are NEXT WEEK!  It totally hit me YESTERDAY that that was the case - so please keep him in your prayers - he has a LOT of material to cover!  But he's been working so hard!  Well, beyond my continue battle of the bugs [little tiny jumping things and "sugar ants" - gah!!], not much else is going on here, and I am ready for J to be done with school for a bit, even though I think break will fly by too, since everything else has already...Hope everything is well stateside!  We miss everyone!  And for those of you wishing to keep up with advent readings, here is one for today:

Micah 5:2-4
The glory of little Bethlehem is foretold by the prophet Micah.
 
But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah,
who are too little to be among the clans of  Judah,
from you shall come forth for me
one who is to be  ruler in Israel,
whose coming forth is  from of old,
from ancient days.
3 Therefore he shall give them up  until the time
when she who is in labor has given birth;
then  the rest of his brothers shall return
to the people of Israel.
4 And he shall stand  and shepherd his flock  in the strength of the LORD,
in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God.
And they shall dwell secure, for now  he shall be great
to the ends of the earth.


Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment