Sunday, December 11, 2011

advent reading 15.

Can you believe we are already on advent reading 15?? Time is FLYING.  And I've already taken one load of friends to the airport this morning - I told them I was living vicariously through them, and to have a great time at home :)  Recently, I have been a little sick [in fact, right now I am achy all over and I think I have a fever, which is great in this weather - so much for thinking I would evade my annual winter sickness!] so last night, while some friends were watching The Incredibles at our house, I went to bed :(  I woke up at 2:45am and it felt like every hour after that thinking it was 5:30am, when I had to pick up our friends for their flights home.  
And now I can't go back to sleep [it hurts to lay down, anyway] so I made some banana pancake batter to surprise the hus, and now I am typing here :)  I am picking another friend up at 7:30am, we have church at 11am, then we take the Cappas to the airport tonight around 5pm, and then we have the Christmas party at 7pm!  Loaded day :)  And I need to make chocolate covered, graham cracker-rolled marshmallows in the meantime [for S'mores - less messy style :) ]   
I'm excited for it all, but I'm also going to miss our new [although they don't seem very "new" :) - great feeling!] friends quite a bit :)  I know that J and I will have a great time reading and relaxing though, so that is a blessing :)  Pray that I get better!  Good news, though - if I am sicker than I think, antibiotics are over-the-counter here...along with Vicodin.  Yup.  Have a great Sunday rejoicing in our Lord and Savior, I am grateful that He has allowed me to already experience such a beautiful, early morning full of His glory :)
 
Luke 2:1-7
Luke tells of the birth of Jesus.
In those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. This was the first registration when Quirinius was governor of Syria. And all went to be registered, each to his own town. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the town of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, to be registered with Mary, his betrothed, who was with child. And while they were there, the time came for her to give birth. And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment