Monday, December 5, 2011

baby, it's cold outside...?? & advent reading 9.

Well, this morning has to be one of the most idyllic mornings I have had since being in Grenada.  I'm sure my husband would disagree seeing as of right now he is in the middle of his Anatomy exam, but my morning has been quite wonderful.  


First off, [and although this didn't happen this morning] I was able to Sykpe with these dear, dear sisters in Christ [missing Jessi] last night while I was at Marieke's apartment while she packed up stuff to store at our place - so everyone got to "meet" :)   
It was SUCH a blessing and joy to my heart, I started crying at first, then I realized how ridiculous that was - but I felt like I was there in the living room with them, although they were wearing sweaters, drinking tea and eating Christmas cookies, and I was wearing a t-shirt, drinking cold water, and snacking on some homemade popcorn ;)  I am so grateful for technology that maintains connections across the world!!!  Love and miss these women! :)

Then I came home, made J's lunch that he took today [another quiche - his request :) ] and then headed off to bed.  

Now read this:  I woke up COLD this morning!!! What a GLORIOUS feeling!!!  I actually felt like I may have needed another blanket :)  We had to leave the house by 6:50am to get J to campus on time for his exam, so I made him Nutella oatmeal [another request - see how I cater during exam time?? He knows it, too...haha!] and a hard boiled egg, and we were off!  I dropped him off, went to the gym, printed off some pictures using his color printing credit that doesn't roll over into next semester, and then drove the car back home where I took a very refreshing shower.  Now I am blogging, eating MY oatmeal, and drinking some cocoa tea [that has currently replaced coffee - I think I'm off coffee for good now! :) At least for a while...we'll see...]  
So anyway - doesn't that sound like a wonderful, productive, refreshing morning?? Especially considering that it is just now getting hot outside, and I am inside?? :) :)  I'm hoping many a morning is like this over break ;)  So now, dear readers, I am off to read a bit of the good Word and rejoice in the Savior that allowed for this morning to happen :)  Then I have some projects to work on for Christmas, mainly...fun times!  Here is the advent reading for today if you are following along:

Luke 1:26-38
The angel Gabriel’s annunciation to the virgin Mary of the Incarnation.
 
In the sixth month the angel  Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named  Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed  to a man whose name was Joseph,  of the house of David. And the virgin’s name was Mary. And he came to her and said, “Greetings,  O favored one,  the Lord is with you!”  But  she was greatly troubled at the saying, and tried to discern what sort of greeting this might be. And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for  you have found favor with God.  And behold,  you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and  you shall call his name Jesus.  He will be great and will be called the Son of  the Most High. And the Lord God  will give to him the throne of  his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob  forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.” And Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?”
And the angel answered her,  “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of  the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born  will be called  holy— the Son of God. And behold, your relative Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son, and this is the sixth month with her  who was called barren.  For  nothing will be impossible with God.”  And Mary said, “Behold, I am the servant  of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” And  the angel departed from her.


Much love from Grenada Isle :)

1 comment:

  1. :( so sad i missed out!! love love love every one of you dear friends!

    ReplyDelete