Monday, July 23, 2012

quote on friendship.

Today, as I am missing home a bit more than usual, I was thinking about the friendships the Lord has brought into our lives, and consequently searching for a good quote [outside of scripture] that might sum it up for me, and I stumbled across this one from CS Lewis...


“In each of my friends there is something that only some other friend can fully bring out. 
By myself I am not large enough to call the whole man into activity; I want other lights than my own to show all his facets. 
In this, Friendship exhibits a glorious “nearness by resemblance” to heaven itself where the very multitude of the blessed (which no man can number) increases the fruition which each of us has of God. 
For every soul, seeing Him in her own way, doubtless communicates that unique vision to all the rest. That, says an old author, is why the Seraphim in Isaiah’s vision are crying “Holy, Holy, Holy” to one another (Isaiah 6:3). 
The more we thus share the Heavenly Bread between us, the more we shall have.”


I am so thankful for the dear friends and family that indeed share with us this Heavenly Bread, and the daily remembrance of them encourages my soul :)  

Much love from Grenada.

No comments:

Post a Comment