Sunday, March 25, 2012

finally...some updates!

Again, sorry its taken so long to get another blog post up!!! This one will be complete with [finally!] the Grensave International Food Festival pictures, some photos of our new place [for next term], and some updates on the Photo Auction I am holding on campus on Thursday [also going to Grensave, ironically]...so buckle up...its a picture-ladden ride :)
 The amazing Becca setting up her American creation - our booth!  [She is also the mastermind behind the posters at the end of this slide show of sorts :)]
She made these out of cereal boxes!!!
 Finished product!!!
 One side of the boards that Marieke and Natalie worked so hard on...I helped put it on in the end :)
 The ladies and their Grensave video playing on the wall in the background :)
The amazing Korean table with amazing food...much better than anything we could whip up [aka hot dogs?? Mmmmm, yum...not.]
 My sweaty, happy husband...who literally ran through the rain to get to the event...and be rewarded with Korean and Grenadian foods :)
 "Do you have any brownies??"
 PACKED.
 I don't know if I should technically put these up seeing as it isn't our stuff and all, but I wanted everyone to see our new place for next term!  It's VERY small, but I am so excited none the less...
 And the bathroom is actually quite big, so that's nice...
 And I will make do with this kitchen ;)
 But look!!!! We have our own pool!!!! :):):)  And FREE laundry!!! PTL :):):)

And now - coming soon to a campus near you [if you happen to live on a Caribbean Isle...]
And our last [maybe...we might also try one more bake sale] fundraiser event will be... :) 


So there you have it, folks.  It has been another great weekend with the hus - he has had to study, but not quite as much as usual so we have had some fun time together and right now he is finishing one of "leisure reading" books, so you know HE is feeling good :)

This week will be jammed packed for me as I sort out all the Photo Auction details/pull it off on Thursday :) Please pray that it goes well and we are able to help Grensave a lot as well - they really are a huge resource in the local community, and I am anxious to be able to help them as much as we can!  I will [of course] post a summary after that is over - I will even try to take pictures amidst the chaos that I'm sure will be going on :)  About 7 weeks and I will be state-side.  Can't wait.

Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. :) love it all! and the new place is exciting! love you friend and can't wait to see you soon, Lord willing!

    ReplyDelete