Thursday, February 23, 2012

how to steal a million.

Tonight I hosted a movie fundraiser in order to raise money for the LIMES Program that I have mentioned here before.  I made a bunch of popcorn, hung up posters around campus, succumbed to using Facebook to shamelessly promote and remind, and made Natalie come to campus early with me just to make sure everything would be ok and good to go with the AV tech guy [everything turned out fine - and actually, another thanks goes to Natalie and Jade who generously let me use their computer so the tech guy could go home - he was very happy].  Another SO made some wonderful baked goods to sell, and some people even showed up because they saw the posters hanging around campus.  However, even after all of this, there were only about 16 people total who came.  It was a bit of a let down, especially after the huge success of the first fundraiser I organized.  And who can say no to Audrey Hepburn?  Quite a few people, apparently.

ANYWAY, it's fine, really.  I was hoping to make some more for Limes, but I guess I can always throw another bake sale, eh?

Just wanted to share a bit of what has been going on this week - I haven't been able to keep my days straight this week at all [in fact, I'm STILL convinced that today is a weekend day...oh well.] 
Monday was a board meeting and errands/laundry.
Tuesday was the orphanage and a talk on adjusting to life in Grenada - most of it was old news to me ;) but still fun to hear/discuss.
Wednesday was Bible Study and Marieke's dad and sister came in town.
Today I woke up and ran 2 miles outside [OUTSIDE!!!] with some girls in prep for the 5K coming up in April.  For those of you who don't know, that is a huge feat for me.  I may be slow, but I am trying :)  Then I met up with one of my accountability partners at NY Bagels.  Then J and I had a lunch date on campus...with the Indian food :) :) Then I spent a good 3 hours editing/uploading photos for the photo fundraiser coming at the end of March. Then I came home, made dinner, made popcorn and headed back to campus.  This is truly the first time I've "sat down" all day...although I've sat down before, obviously...but I was PACKED today!!! It's been a full week like this, but it feels good. 

The midterm countdown has started...they are in two weeks!  Be praying for J - he has had a rough term being prez of HSO...I think we have decided he should not do this again :)  Saturday we will be painting an elderly home here, and as the First Lady of HSO, I am going to be there ;) Then Saturday night we have a wonderful free dinner at the University Club for J being in the Honors Club!  AWESOME!  Then Sunday is CSA and a party for a friend.  Busy, busy, busy.  However, I have felt very blessed to be in the Word and I've said this to many girlfriends here: it's been such a joy and blessing to lead a Bible study because it has opened the Word up even more to me!  Seeing all the glorious truths come together is just so amazing and I want it more and more :) 

Anyway, that is what is new.  Sorry these posts are still so sparse...hopefully I will get better again :) I'm going to get ready for bed now...sorry if this has been scattered...I'm tired ;)  Much love to all.

1 comment:

  1. yay life! and free dates and digging into the Word and the Lord sustaining you through your crazy busy days! :) love you friend, so good to hear everything going on way down south! :)

    ReplyDelete