Thursday, February 16, 2012

free dinners, doctor appointments.

Well, this is a quick update as Marieke and I are going to start watching Meet Me In St. Louis [the first time for her!!!] but I wanted to quickly update people since my ability to call is still lacking...[right now I am on her computer :) ]

Today I went to the doctor and was met with a quizzical expression as to what is exactly wrong with me, so I was referred to another doctor who I will see on March 13th.  Please pray for me!
I also found out that the "heat rash" that I've had under my arms since last term is actually a fungus.  Awesome.  NOT.
I'm so glad I remembered to ask the doc about it [thank you, Lord] since I forgot to ask about it last time I went in December.  Anyway, I got some topical cream, but needless to say...I WANT TO COME HOME!!!!!

I think I also mentioned the free dinner that I won at Dodgy Dock.  Well, me and my boo have a reservation tomorrow night at 7pm and both of us are SO excited!  Dinner includes a starter, dinner AND desert!!! YES!!! I will bring my camera and post a blog post afterwards [hopefully].

Anyway, that is about the extent of what is going on.  I am playing phone tag with my littlest sister [sorry, Liv!] and I have two other people that I am due to call sometime in the next few days [K. Money and Beth - I haven't forgotten you!!!]

If you all could also be praying for job opportunities to open up for me and Marieke over the summer, or otherwise, a lot of other things that we can serve in to use our time well :)  J is also having a harder time this term in knowing exactly what to study in his classes...apparently they have a lot of scattered info and he feels scattered while he studies, too [we've heard this from many of our 2nd term friends as well...so...that's good??? Not really, but at least this isn't an isolated problem, I guess].  Please pray that he would focus well and be able to study and understand - he is such a hard worker :)  We really are doing well - I know these updates sometimes seem crazy, but it's just to note the "big things" I guess.  We both feel as though the Lord has given us much growth in marriage and in love for one another even in this crazy time.

Hope all is well state-side!  Much love to all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment