Sunday, February 12, 2012

eager.

This has been one lonnnggg week. 
I don't think any week has felt so long in a long time...I hope this isn't how this semester is going to continue to go...this week I seem to have a lot more going on, so hopefully it will go faster :)

The Bake Sale that I wrote about is going to be on Tuesday [Happy Velentine's Day, by the way, just in case I don't get on here to write anything about it...] but we are no longer attempting to raise money for that little girl.  Turns out the doctor in Florid backed out of doing it for free - hence, there was no need to raise money for her to travel to Florida.  The good news, however, is that a fellow SO's mom came to visit and was able to fit the little girl with an eye and will be shipping it down to have it put in by another professional on the island.  Apparently, it wasn't the crazy procedures everyone was thinking she might need, which is a huge praise to the Lord.

Instead, we will be raising funds for a disabled home here on the island. They are always in dire need of adult diapers and other supplies, so I am just as happy to help them.  Sadly, 25 of the 35 current residents in that home were abandoned.  Grenada has yet to learn how to care for its disabled - this is a relatively new endeavor, and it is sad to know that so much misunderstanding still exists regarding disabilities. It is a hard thing.  The home also has no formal funding, so I am hoping that the bake sale will have a good turn out [which, from what I hear from random people talking about baking things, it should be good :) ] and we are able to help them a lot.

Tomorrow I am going to attempt to go back to the health clinic on campus for an appointment, get the rest of our "new" [used] tires on the car, and help J pick up flowers that his organization is selling for V-day to benefit the local elderly home.  And then I need to bake all MY things for the bake sale :) BUSY!

Our Valentine's Day plans [other than the bake sale and Marieke and I going to see our girls at Bel Air] are another walk on the beach with ice cream - we love it :)  I actually won a dinner for two at a nice local restaurant called Dodgy Dock [Mom, Dad, Tim and Jessi have all been there...it's right on the water - great view, beautiful setting] but we aren't allowed to use it for holidays, so I think we are going to use it on Friday instead :)  What another wonderful provision from the Lord of a free experience that is fun for the two of us to share together :)


This Wednesday will be our 4th week of leading the women's Bible study on campus.  It has been an encouragement to me to be studying in 1 Peter, and it has been a great blessing to get to know women that I did not know last term.  I love it!

Thursday probably has something going on, but I can't remember at the moment ;)

I am still greatly looking forward to coming home in roughly 3 months.  It is safe to say that I am longing to be back with our Immanuel church family, even if it is only for a few short weeks.  I am so eager to be fed from the Word.  It has been a difficult time here with no formal teaching/anyone older and wiser to learn from.  J and I have listened to sermons and such, but we are both really really wanting to be in fellowship with our dear, dear church back home :)  We are so excited to be staying with TWO sets of wonderful friends, and being able to meet up/see face-to-face our other friends who live in the Ville :)  It will be a great joy to be back in town...and so weird that summer will have longer days!!!  I was commenting tonight on how strange it will feel if the sun goes down at 9pm+ in the states since sunset here is consistently 6pm ;)  Weird to think about.

Anyway, continue to pray for us and our plans for this week - there is a lot going on :)  We miss everyone!  Much love from Grenada.


No comments:

Post a Comment